The KEY to Permanent Fat Loss
There are a lot of factors that play a role with permanent fat loss…
And more. But then within each there are even more … what type of training are you doing? How often? What’s the intensity.
Same goes for nutrition — portions, food choices, do you eat breakfast, meal frequency, etc.
But one nutrition factor stands head and shoulders above the rest when getting rid of belly fat and getting beach body ready.
It’s not carbs or fiber. It’s not fat. And it’s not protein.
It’s satiety or how full you are. Satiety is the key to permanent weight loss!
The question, then, should be what foods help me feel more full without providing a ton of calories?
And the goal should be eating as much food for as few calories as possible.
Can you lose weight eating Snicker’s Bars all day? Sure, just don’t eat too many … but you’ll be miserable and starving!
Or, for the same number of calories, you can load up on veggies, fruit, lean proteins, healthy fats, and some grains.
Losing fat doesn’t have to mean deprivation like so many make it out to be. So how do you make this a reality?
- Start each meal with a vegetable and/or fruit. We’ll often start with a salad or make a larger salad to be our complete meal. Or somethings we’ll have veggies and hummus as an appetizer.
- Have broth based soups to fill you with volume. This works particularly well in the colder months.
- Add berries to your morning bowl of oats (or other cereal). Here’s my trick — rather than pouring the oats first, like most people, pour the berries first, as these give you more nutrition and volume. And FILL UP the bowl — this way there’s not as much room for oats. More volume + More nutrition = fast and effective fat loss.
- Load up your morning omelet with veggies for the same reason as above. More nutrition and more volume. Then with the protein from the eggs and volume from veggies, you’ll be more full for a longer time. Here’s a video of me making "the healthiest breakfast in the world" — omelet with veggies — for us in the morning.
- Go vegetarian (at least a few days each week). This is an easy way to boost your veggie intake, increase volume, and eat more nutrients to lose more fat permanently.
- Don’t drink your calories, eat them. Soft drinks, fruit juices, and any other liquid calories don’t give a lot of bang for your buck.