5 Slim Down Secrets while Eating Out
Eating out can be tough if you’re trying to eat clean and know what you’re putting in your body.
You don’t know how the foods are prepared.
They often have "hidden" fat, sugar, and salt that can blow the calories through the roof.
You’re surrounded by tempting foods and friends, spouse, kids, etc who may not be on your "team" when it comes to eating well ("c’mon, just ONE won’t kill you — you look great!").
And then when you add all this plus the bread that starts the meal, appetizers, drinks and maybe desserts, you’ve suddenly eaten more calories in 1 meal than you should in an entire day!
How do you manage to stay slim (or get slimmer) and still maintain a healthy social life? Is it even possible?
Believe it or not, it IS possible…you just have to be smart about it.
And the key with all of this — making eating out a special occasion rather than just another day of the week.
These 5 Slim Down Secrets will help you make the best decisions AND still love what you eat!
- Skip the breadbasket. Let the waiter know when they first come over to introduce themselves that you will pass on the bread. Save those calories the actual meal.
- Start your meal with a couple glasses of water. We talked about this simple slim down secret in a recent blog — could be the easiest way to boost fat loss!
- Skip the sides — instead, ask for double veggies, which most restaurants won’t blink an eye at. Speak up to get what you want and what will get you the results you want!
- Ask your waiter to put half your meal in a doggy bag BEFORE it comes to the table. When it’s in front of you, you’ll eat it. If you’re served just half, you won’t be tempted.
- When your meal actually comes, put your fork down between every single bite. This trick will slow down your eating, allowing your brain to realize it’s full before you over eat.
Mohr Results Bottom Line: Staying (or getting slim) doesn’t have to mean never eating out again. It’s just a matter of making simple decisions when you do.