7 SIMPLE Ways to Upgrade Your Diet
Anytime a person thinks about losing fat, it’s always about everything they have to "give up."
I’m losing fat, so pizza is out the window. So is cake, cookies, candy, ice cream, carbs, fat, cereal, alcohol, and so on.
Truth is — let’s look at everything you CAN keep up versus focusing on the negative.
And, better yet, how about 7 Simple Ways to Upgrade Your Diet.
It’s not only about calories. Yes, calories matter. But they’re not the ONLY thing!
Check out these 7 Simple Ways to Upgrade Your Diet
- Add cinnamon to your yogurt, oats, smoothie, cottage cheese, or whatever else you eat. It adds zero calories, is loaded with antioxidants, and may actually help control blood sugar…what a bonus!
- Switch to 100% grass fed beef. If you eat meat, this is the way to go. Cattle should eat grass and grass only. Not grains. The ratio of healthier fats — like CLA and omega-3′s — are much better than traditional grain fed beef, which has more omega-6′s because of their feed. You can usually find this at most Farmer’s Markets
- Eat quinoa (pronounced keen-wah) instead of rice. It’s a great source of fiber, higher in protein, and adds a unique flavor to the standard rice that so many are used to.
- Switch from Iceberg or Romaine Lettuce to Spinach. This dark leafy green is a much better based for salads. You can also add it to pesto (buy prepared pesto and blend in 2-3 cups of fresh spinach) or simply saute it quickly and easily with garlic, pepper and pinch of Kosher salt.
- Go Wild! Wild fish are better options than their farm raised counterparts. Choose these whenever you can for more omega-3′s and less contaminants.
- Choose nuts over chips. Nuts are an incredible snack — high in fiber, protein, and omega-3′s. Eating 1-2 handfuls daily can boost weight loss.
- Swap out portabello mushrooms for buns or pizza crusts. You save on calories, get more hard to get nutrients like selenium and magnesium, and you also get more flavor! Give it a try
Mohr Results Bottom Line: Improving your diet doesn’t mean an entire overhall of your lifestyle. Simple upgrades like those above will go a long way in terms of boosting fat loss and improving your health.