Lose Calories Easily to Shed Pounds
The first thing people do when they even think about losing weight is focus on everything they ‘can’t’ eat.
"Fat is bad."
"Carbs are worse."
"I have to give up alcohol."
"No more snacking. Ever."
"Desserts are done. Someone else can enjoy my birthday cake this year."
What if it weren’t THAT hard, though? What if there were easy calorie swaps you can make to lose calories easily without giving up what you think to be all of your absolute favorite foods?
You know what, there are.
Remember, though…it’s not just about the calories. It’s about the quality too.
- Use avocado in place of mayonnaise. I tried this one the other day and it was great. Felt like a tuna sandwich; something I haven’t had in a really long time. But rather than using several TBS of mayo, I swapped it out for 1/4 avocado and a TBS of grainy mustard. Gave the tuna the moisture it needed, much better flavor, and super healthy fats to boot. Calorie Savings: 100.
- Use divided picnic plates for dinner. These plates are perfect for portions — fill the largest section with veggies and fruit. Fill one of the others with protein. And the last with some kind of grain. Calorie savings vs. eating off a "regular plate" — at least 200 calories/meal.
- Squeeze an orange or lemon on your salad. When you’re eating a salad, you’re looking for moisture as much as you are flavor from the dressing. Use just 1 tsp of an olive oil based dressing (like balsamic vinaigrette) and squeeze half an orange or lemon over top of the salad. Calorie savings: 200/salad
- Cut your peanut butter with carrots. Huh? Yup, it’s true — steam carrots until they can be mashed with a fork (like baby food). Then blend 1/4 cup peanut butter to 3/4 cup carrots. You’ll enjoy the same flavor, boost the nutrients, and…save 150 calories/serving. Check out this video showing how to make better peanut butter.
- Use portabella mushrooms in place of buns or pizza "crust." This is a no brainer — grill the mushrooms (or put in oven and cook at 350 for about 10 minutes, until tender). If having a hamburger, just put the meat between the 2 mushrooms like they are a regular bun … or use it as a pizza crust and top with ingredients you choose. Calorie savings: 75. Nutrient Boost. 1000%!
Mohr Results Bottom Line: Losing fat doesn’t have to be a painful process. Simple calorie swaps will make it simple to maintain this great new lifestyle of fantastic choices.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_related_posts() in /home/content/m/o/h/mohrhosting/html/wp-content/themes/bfa-roundtabs/single.php on line 25