9 ‘Post Holiday Fat Loss’ Tips
We had such an amazing Christmas — so much fun with Ella and seeing everything through her eyes. At 18 months old she’s still a tiny Amazing how fast time flies — the holidays are behind us — and 2011 is around the corner.
This week is a huge planning week for most … maybe a little work, maybe recovering from Christmas and travel, and maybe feeling like a ‘detox’ is in order after overindulging on waaaaay too many Christmas cookies.
Today’s post is about avoiding average.
The ‘average’ person gains 3-5 pounds during these last several weeks.
But you know what keeps people ‘average’? Not losing those 3-5 lbs after overindulging …
Start now rather than waiting until January 1 and you’ll be well on your way.
9 Tips to Help you Avoid Being Average!
- Clean your house of all leftovers – if they’re not there, you won’t eat them. It’s not the 1 day of Thanksgiving or Christmas that "hurts" you — it’s the days and weeks in between that do.
- Eliminate liquid calories – something you probably drank too much of over the last few weeks that will destroy your goals. And I don’t mean replacing them with artificially sweetened "diet" products. Drink water and unsweetened tea –like hot green or black tea — instead.
- Keep a detailed log — this alone will help you shed any holiday weight gain. Write down the foods and drinks you eat and track your workouts. It’s the best way to track your success!
- Hit the weights – get back to it today — get on it and kick those workouts into high gear. We’re back at it Monday morning with our boot camp for women in Louisville … until then and for everyone else, get to it!
- Eat REAL foods. What does that mean? It means eliminating packaged junk and eating REAL foods with loads of nutrients and void of adding sugars and other crappy ingredients. I **HIGHLY** recommend a friend’s brand new cookbook that we’ve used a ton ourselves already — 134 savory recipes that help you burn fat? Yes, please!
- Get more sleep. Use this "down" week to get back to normal with your sleep — heading to bed early and aiming for 7-8 hours per night. Sufficient sleep can cure disease and help you lose weight? Worth it? Thought so…
- Move more, more often. The gym is great. But you know what else is — getting outside and moving in general. Walk, hike, sprint … whatever you like. Just get outside and get fresh air. Yup, it might be cold, but that’s what layers are for. We took Ella outside to the park on Christmas Eve and she had a HUGE smile on her face, even when cold. The more you can move, the better you’ll be.
- Do something new. If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always got. We’re both exploring yoga this week … not waiting until next week, but starting now that we’re back in Louisville. It’s something different for us and certainly will add variety to our workouts.
- Focus. Most people try to do too much. Do a few things great rather than a million thing poorly and then complaining that there’s no time. Our 21 Day Fat Loss Jumpstart helps you with this — it gives you 21 days of meal plans, 21 days of detailed workouts, and 21 days of written and audio inspirations. You have no option by to focus and achieve all your goals!
Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_related_posts() in /home/content/m/o/h/mohrhosting/html/wp-content/themes/bfa-roundtabs/single.php on line 25