Do you snack during the day?
I’m definitely more of a grazer — eating a little lighter and more frequently throughout the day. For body weight it doesn’t seem to matter. Others have told me it’s too time consuming to think about eating 5 or 6+ meals each day. But for me it works.
What about you? Here’s a scenario I hear about time and time again.
You’re at work. It’s 2 PM. Your eyes are starting to roll to the back of your head and your stomach is starting to "yell" at you.
It’s the vending machine "calling." Obviously you have to cave, right? WRONG!
Finding a great option in the vending machine is like finding a needle in a haystack. But here are a few snacks to satisfy your salty, sweet, or crunchy cravings!
Sure, some, but not all of them would work at the office, but that same snack calling can come at home too.
Got a craving for salty foods?
Try any of these:
- Sliced cucumber with a pinch of salt and black pepper
- Toasted chick peas (drain and rinse canned chick peas, toss with 1 tsp olive oil, sprinkle with kosher salt and chili powder. Toast in a pan over medium heat, tossing occasionally, until crispy)
- KIND Dark Chocolate Nuts & Sea Salt – it’s convenient, has ingredients you can pronounce and combines a little dark chocolate goodness with a hint of salty flavor. I love keeping these in my bag and desk, so I’m never without a quick, easy, smart option.
Craving sweet foods?
- Sliced melon with a squeeze of lime juice
- Grilled pineapple with a drizzle of melted chocolate
- Grilled plum with a scoop of Greek yogurt (a personal favorite)
Craving crunchy foods?
- Baby carrots with hummus
- Wasa Crispbread (LOVE this) with a slice of tomato, avocado & smoked salmon
- Apple slices with pieces of Cabot seriously sharp cheddar cheese mini bars
There you have it — 9 different snacks to attack your salty, sweet, or crunchy cravings head on!
Please click the ‘like’ button below to share this with your friends on Facebook!